1. In 1778, Charles IV became King of Spain and Manuel Godoy, his valido, had the control of the government.
3. On the 2nd of May 1808, many villagers in Madrid rebelled against the French soldiers and the Spanish War of Independence began.
8. Many absolutists called Carlists, didn’t want this change and supported Charles, the Ferdinand’s brother.
9. Spain was controlled by Isabella’s mother, Maria Christina, and General Espartero, until Isabella was thirteen years old.
10. Her reign was very unstable due to The Carlist Wars, the dissatisfied people and the economic crisis.
12. For the Six-Year Democratic Period, it supported universal male suffrage and named Amadeo I king.
16. The Constitution of 1876 consisted of shared sovereignty, census suffrage (only rich men) and the restriction of public liberties.
17. The political control was alternated between the Conservative Party and the Liberal Party, due to the job of caciques.
19. As consequence of the war with the United States, Spain lost the last colonies: Cuba, Puerto Rico and the Philippines and it began the Crisis of ´98.