2.Demography is the study of human populations and includes the size, structure and distribution of population.
3.To measure population and demography, governments use two different types of surveys: the electoral roll and the census.
4. The electoral roll is a survey that a local government do to measure how many voting people there are in a city.
5. The census is a survey that the national government do to measure how many people live in a city and other characteristics.
6. In Spain, the organisation who elaborate the electoral roll and the census is the Instituto Nacional de Estadística.
8. The mortality rate is the number of people who have died in a specific place during a specific time.
11. The results of the census showed that Spain has a positive natural growth, because the birth rate is higher than the mortality rate.
12. The results of the census showed that Spain has a negative real growth, because there are more emigrants than immigrants.
13. Emigration is the number of people who go to a different country to live and work. They are called emigrants.
14. Immigration is the number of people who come to our country to live and work. They are called immigrants.